Monday 13 January 2014

Rimmel London's Moisture Renew Lipsticks Review

Packaging.

Hellooo my lovelies,

I thought I would do a review of Rimmel London's Moisture Renew Lipsticks as I have been loving them and I think you guys would really love them too! Lipstick is one of my favourite makeup items as I think that they can really change a look depending on what colour you use. My favourite brands of lipstick are YSL and MAC but they are extortionate for lipstick especially now that MAC have put their lipstick price up to £15. So I'm always keen to explore the drugstore world of lipsticks because if you can have two high street lipsticks for the price of one high end lipstick of a similar quality then it's got to be a good thing! Rimmel London probably are one of the best brands in a drug store for lipstick quality (Revlon are also quite good!) so I was very excited when I saw that they had revamped their Moisture Renew collection!

 There are 20 different shades in the collection, a variation of pinks, nudes, browns, reds, peaches and even a few purples!! It's actually really nice to see a high street brand providing colours like orange and purple as previously to get those shades it used to be pretty much high end or nothing. They also have SPF 20 in them so they'll be ideal in the Summer time meaning you can still look glam whilst you sunbathe and know your lips are protected! Apparently they're also infused with Vitamins A, C and E to help you maintain luscious lips.

The three shades i bought. Left to right:- 'As you want Victoria', 'Oxford Street Fuschia' and 'In love with ginger'

 The first two I bought were 'As you want Victoria' which I was drawn to because it's a shocking bright pink quite reminiscent of MAC'S 'Impassioned'  but it;s not an exact dupe so if you have your heart set on an exact match then don't go for this one! The second lipstick i chose was 'In love with ginger' which is a gorgeous orangey/red and I got this because I'd been lusting after MAC'S 'Morange' but I didn't want to spend £15 on a lipstick I wasn't sure I'd like or suit. So at less than half the price (£6.49) it was definitely worth trying out and Rimmel products are usually on 3 for 2 so you can try out more than one or get some other Rimmel products to try out! I'm still not entirely sure if I suit an Orange lipstick so I haven't bought 'Morange' (yet) so because I don't own it, I cannot say that it is an exact dupe but I can say that they are very similar although I've never swatched them side by side, there's not a lot of difference. I would say Morange is slightly more on the orange side but if you're on a budget who cares this is similar enough! I'm hoping when we get into Summer that I'll get more use out of 'In love with ginger'.

From left to right:- 'As you want Victoria','Oxford Street Fuschia' and 'In love with Ginger'.

 The lipsticks are very pigmented as you would expect as that was one of Rimmel's main focuses when revamping the collection and they're also super glossy (another one of their aims). I do really like the glossy texture of a lipstick as you all know I'm not the biggest fan of a matte finish on my lips but it does have a tendancy to make things a tad messy. A steady hand is needed to apply these as the textures so glossy and creamy it can easily end up all up your face and all over your teeth (not the look we're going for ladies!) and I would also recommend blotting your lips on a piece of tissue before reapplying. This will act like a bit of a lip liner preventing the lipstick from bleeding and will also make it last longer alongside avoiding the awkward lipstick on teeth situation! Anything you drink out of will also be coated in whatever shade you're wearing but the glossyness does look good whilst it's on your lips so we can look past the messy glass! They are quite long lasting, if you blot them first, you could probably get a good six hours plus out of it before having to re-apply which is quite handy. You can also apply them by dabbing them on to get a more sheer effect or apply straight from the bullet to get the full effect! Another thing I actually really like about Rimmel London lipsticks but I know many people would disagree with me here is the smell of them which is quite flowery/vanilla like and I think it smells (and tastes) really nice. If you're not the biggest fan of lipsticks having a scent you may not like this as much but for £6.49 you can't really complain! 



 After trying these two lipsticks out and loving them, I went back to Boots and bought another pink shade (no shocks there hmm) and this one is a gorgeous baby pink shade called 'Oxford Street Fuschia'. This is the perfect neutral shade for me which I have been loving wearing with Sleeks 'Pixie Pink' blusher (also a baby pink) with a browny/goldy eyeshadow look and it just looks really lovely for all seasons I think. 

I definitely will be branching out into more shades of this collection in the future. Have you tried anything from this collection? What's your favourite lipstick?

Boots actually have them discounted to £4.49 right now, bargain! :- http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-London-Moisture-Renew-Lipstick_1388179/

P.S Top tip for you, you can visit Rimmel London's website and upload a picture of yourself to see a preview of what the colour will look like on your lips. I shall link it below. 

Lots of love, 
A x x 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x