Sunday 2 February 2014

Liebster Award With A Difference!



Hellooo my lovelies,

A little bonus extra post for you today (oh you lucky things!!) as I've been nominated for 5 more Liebster awards recently, 5!! I'm so amazed and flattered that people actually read my blog let alone think it's worthy of sharing and being in their favourites! So I thought I would do an additional post today with the questions that these beautiful ladies asked me! I'm going to do it with a bit of a difference because I've already done a Liebster award where I have nominated people so I'll link that below for you! 

Selina's Questions
My questions to you:
1. Do you have any pets? 
Yes I do, I have a spaniel cross called Eric. 
2. One thing that you'd never wear. 
This has got to be Crocs, I don't think they can ever look good!!
3. Which is your favourite animal? 
My favourite animal is probably a dog, a horse or a tiger.
4. Do you have or would you ever get a tattoo? 
I don't have any tattoo's and I don't think I'd ever get one, simply because I'm far too indecisive and I'd probably end up changing my mind and hating it later on. Plus they're a nightmare to remove.
5. Cat person or dog person? 
Definitely a dog person!
6. Which country would you like to live in? 
I'd quite like to stay in the UK but if I had to pick a holiday home, I'd go with America or Italy. I do like Auastralia but that's pretty far away for a holiday home!
7. Style inspirations.
I don' t think i have a specific style inspiration as such. I tend to just have my own style, I buy things I like because I like them but sometimes I'll take inspirations from strangers that I see when I'm out and about, or my friends and sometimes from people I watch on Youtube!
8. Do you play any instruments? 
Does the recorder count? hehehe. I used to play the recorder and keyboard at school (not very well) and only because it was compulsory so no! Although in primary school we had to sit a test so they could pick out who could learn guitar and I was chosen and I said no because I thought it was really uncool to have to carry about a guitar with me. Then later on I very much regretted it and wished I had learnt so if you get the chance do it!
9. Summer or winter? Why?
I really like both. I love Winter for snow and Christmas but I probably love Summer more because everyone's happier, the suns shining and you can get a decent tan! Not to mention the massive Summer break!
10. Your favourite memory from the school days?
My favourite memory from high school is probably my free periods where my friends and I would sit and have a laugh about the pointless things and I miss that alot!
11. What do you want to be? 
I'm not too sure. Some days I want to be a lawyer and other days I want to be something else! I think if my degree goes well then I'll be a lawyer, my back up plan is to join the police and I'd quite like to do make-up artist stuff on the side! Quite a mix hey!

Hannah's questions

1)If you could only shop in one shop for the rest of your life what would it be?
Topshop defo.

2)What made you start blogging?
I've always loved make-up, writing and photography and my friends kept trying to convince me to start a Youtube channel. I wasn't entirely sure if I felt confident enough to sit in front of a camera and talk and whether people would even watch my videos so I settled with a blog. I'm super glad they convinced me to do it because I'm loving it!

3)Describe yourself in 3 words?
This is super hard. Probably shopaholic, friendly and honest.

4)High end or Drug store? 
I like a good mix of both but probably High-end.

5)Who's your inspiration for blogging?
Zoella and Viviannadoesmakeup 

6)What's your favourite brand?
of make-up? Probably YSL because it's so glamorous or MAC.

7)What's your favourite item right now?
My favourite item right now is probably my Tartan Topshop leggings or my Topshop Denim Jacket.

8)Favourite food?
Macaroni Cheese!

9)If you won 1 million pounds what would you do?
Ooooh I'd probably go on a massive shopping spree first of all, then I'd book a holiday for my family, me and my boyfriend, then I'd probably book another holiday with my friends. I'd donate a lot to charities like Cancer Research and Animal Shelters. Then I think I'd buy the people closest to me something they've been wanting for ages as a surprise! I'd probably buy myself a house aswell and a Range Rover! (living the life!)

10)What's your dream job?
My dream job would probably be to be a make-up artist/working on a make-up counter or a lawyer.. complete polar opposites!

11)What do you do outside of blogging?
I study law at University and spend time with family, friends and my boyfriend. I'm hoping to go back to work now aswell because my uni timetable is alot more lapse this year!


 Katelyn's questions


1. Who is your favourite Disney character?
Tough One! I really like Nala and Simba because the Lion King is my favourite but then I also love Belle!

2. What is one quote you live by?
I have quite a few that I live by so I'll share some of them with you! 



  1. “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” - Walt Disney
  2. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” - Napoleon Hill
  3. “Don’t look where you fall, but where you slipped.” - African Proverb
  4. “You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore” - Christopher Columbus 
  5. "The most beautiful clothes that can dress a woman are the arms of the man she loves. But for those who haven't had the fortune of finding this happiness, I am there." Yves Saint Laurent 1983
  6. "Worry is worthless. It can't change the past. It can't control the future. It only wastes the moment." - Rick Warren
  7. No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite. - Nelson Mandela
  8. "Being brave doesn't mean you go looking for trouble" - The Lion King
  9. "The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it" - The Lion King

3. If you went on Come Dine with Me, what would be on your menu?

I really don't know, I'd probably have some kind of soup for a started. Maybe Spicy Celery Soup or Tomato and Basil. Then I'd probably make some kind of pasta dish and for desert I think I'd make Oreo Brownie or a Oreo cheesecake!

4. What is your favourite genre of music?
I like lots of music to be honest but mainly Pop music.

5. Who is your celebrity crush?
I don't really have a certain one but I looove Ryan Gosling and Gerard Butler.

6. Name 5 of your favourite songs?
Taylor Swift- Love Story
Plain White Tee's - Hey There Delilah
Avril Lavigne- Here's to never growing up
Landon Austin- Once in a lifetime
Katy Perry - Roar

7. Are you a cat or dog type of person?
Dog

8. What is your favourite perfume?
YSL- Manifesto for night time and Marc Jacobs Lola for daytime.

9. Have you ever met any celebrities? If so who?
I've met the whole Everton football team and got photos with them (I don't support Everton but they were staying at my hotel) and Jack Whitehall in London but not very many nope hehe.

10. Favourite nail polish brand & colour from that brand?
Probably Essie and Fiji (pale, off white pink) or OPI and Which is Witch (silver glitter)

11. What is your favourite city and why?
I really love Paris as it's so romantic and busy and it truly is a beautiful city but I also love the hustle and bustle of London and how there you're just an insignificant person because everyone is so focused on their own life. I like Edinburgh too though! It's pretty much a smaller London so it's quieter and a lot less clogged up with pollution but at the same time it just doesn't have the same vibe that London does!

Anya's Questions


1. How long have you been running your blog?

I made it at the end of 2012 but I didn't know what I was doing and I made a post which noone could actually read hahaha. I only managed to work out how to set it up properly three weeks ago! So I only properly started blogging 3 weeks ago when I knew people could actually read it and see it!

2. Whats your most treasured items?

My most treasured items are my teddy bear that I've had since I was little, a photograph of me and my grandad who sadly passed away, my Michael Kors watch, my ipad, my iphone and my photo album that has lots of nice memories of my family, doggy, friends and my boyfriend.

3. Have you made any friends through blogging? 

I have! Mainly the lovely Charlotte from VanityFairest who's blog is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G so I recommend you go check her out if you haven't already! There's quite a few other lovely ladies that I have met to chat too aswell!

4. Whats your most popular blog post? 

My most popular blog post is my Naked 3 Palette, then it's my Would You Rather Tag, closely followed by my bookworm post and then the Topshop hauls that I have done.

5. Do you have any pets?

I have a dog.

6. What do you want to achieve from blogging/Why did you start this blog?

I want to have a little corner where I can talk about beauty and fashion with people who share the same passions as me and get just as excited as me over a new collection that MAC have brought out etc. I also thought it would be a nice way to use my camera, get better at photography and being able to write properly is a good skill to have so yeah that's the main reasons.

7. Whats your favourite beauty related item?

Probably lipstick because you get so many gorgeous colours and I am that annoying girl that has to go round the counters swatching all the different colours and formula's whilst mentally making an 'I need you in my life asap' list.

8. How do you like to spend your days off? 

I like to spend my days off catching up with blog posts and Youtube videos and doing some work on my own blog! I also really like spending it with friends or even having a chill day in bed at home with my boyfriend and a film is perfect. Usually I have to spend it doing uni work though, no rest for the wicked!!

9. Do you have any hobbies?

I love reading, dancing and going for long walks. If doing make-up and shopping count as a hobby then them too.

10. Whats your favourite item of clothing?

Either my Denim Topshop Jacket or my Topshop Tartan leggings at the moment!

11. If you could dye your hair any colour right now what would it be? 

Blonde! I'm totally considering doing it but I'm a little bit of a chicken and I'm scared it won't suit me! I've been saying I'd do it for years but just have never bit the bullet, who knows maybe this year will be the year..you'll have to watch this space!

Chelsea's Questions



1. What made you start blogging?
I loved reading blogs, photography and makeup so it had been on my mind and then my best friends persuaded me to properly go for it and it worked!

2. What is your favourite skincare brand?
Bioderma is probably my favourite although the Simple range is actually really good too!

3. What is your favourite makeup brand?
This is really hard because I love so many but I'd probably say YSL or MAC.

4. What do you hate about makeup?
That I have to get up earlier to apply it than I would if I didn't and the amount of money that I spend on it.

5. If you could only keep one item out of your makeup bag, what would it be and why?
My YSL touche eclat because it is amazing and can cover a multitude of sins!

6. Skinny jeans or a dress?
A dress, always! I'm a proper girly girl.

7. Tote bag or Bagpack?
Tote bag for sure! 

8. Favourite shoe brand?
I like Louis Vuitton (obvvvviously) but if I had to pick one that I could wear everyday I would say Converse or Ugg's during the Winter because they're super cosy.

9. If you could only paint your nails one colour for the rest of your life, what colour would you choose?
I'd have to say a nude pink, probably fiji because it would go with everything!

10.  What do you order when you go to Costa/Starbucks?
A frappachino or a Creamy Cooler, always chocolate with whipped cream, yum yum.

11.  Whats a weird fact about you?
I once broke my fifth metatarsal (pinkie toe for all us non-doctors)


I've really enjoyed these questions and I hope you've got to know a little more about me. If you've done any of these then link them below and I'll definitely give them a read!



Previous Liebster Award:- http://whatabbyloves.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award.html

Lots of love, 
A  x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x