Friday 6 June 2014

May Beauty Favourites


Hellooo lovelies,

 The time has come once again for a round up of the make-up items that I have been loving over the past month! It's been a right old funny month this month with really warm weather one day but then really rainy weather but the best part of this month for me has undoubtedly been the fact that the days are getting much longer. Especially on the really warm days where you can relax in the evenings outdoors till 11pm before it properly gets dark!


 My lipstick favourite of this month has been MAC 'Morange', a shade I was initially unsure if it would suit me. However, I have grown to love orange lips more and more and have been loving having this eye catching colour on my lips in May. I have done a more in depth review of this in my recent MAC Monday post here.


 My favourite nail polish this month has been one of Barry M's new gelly shade colours 'Rose-Hip'. It's a pretty pale pink that goes with pretty much everything and I've had a busy month during May and I've often needed my nails to go with multiple outfits so this has been the perfect colour. It's also very complimentary with a tan I must say!


 I've mentioned before my love of the Nars copacabana illuminator mixed with foundation in my review of it. However, I've especially loved it this month mixed in with my Nars Sheer Glow foundation, they're absolutely perfect together for creating a natural dewy look!


 Probably my biggest favourite this month has been the Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion which I will do a full review on soon because I love it that much! It's completely and yes that is completely rid my skin of any blemish marks or redness left behind from angry spots. I was amazed when I tried La Roche Posay because the results with that were impressive but I was still left with a few blemish marks but this has completely rid my skin of all of them. PLUS it is only £9 so it's about £6 cheaper than La Roche Posay! I'm not entirely sure if my results are so outstanding by using this at night as instructed and my La Roche Posay in the morning but I for sure know that this product has wowed me!


 This month I've also been loving my EOS lipbalms because as you probably already know I can't sleep at night if I haven't put lip balm on! So I have one beside my bed, one at my boyfriends, one in my handbag and one in my jacket pocket- obsessive I know but I hate having dry lips. I especially love EOS ones because they effectively do the job, they taste good, they smell good and they have such a satisfying feel to apply because of their spherical shape.


 By Terry's ombre blackstar in Misty Rock was obviously going to be in my favourites wasn't it? It's such a stunning colour and although it is pricey, it's equally stunning and I have worn it so much throughout May. I love the packaging it's so classy and sleek and the product itself is flawless. I've done a full review of this previously on my blog too.


 With the sunnier days, I've wanted my make-up to be brighter and sunnier too and I've been loving my Naked Original palette for it's rich browns and golden colours. I absolutely love Half Baked (as I'm sure you can tell from the picture) and Buck for in the crease and can be used to fill in brows too. Another favourite shade this month has been Sidecar for a more natural look!


 Along with the more Summery weather and the pretty flowers appearing everywhere I've wanted a more floral based perfume. The one I've went for most is Marc Jacobs Lola which is a beautiful scent that incorporates florals without smelling 'granny' like or too overpowering which I find a lot of floral scents can be. The best thing about Marc Jacobs perfumes is obviously the stunning bottles which make any dressing table look a million times prettier. It's definitely one of those bottles that even when the perfume has run out it will remain on my dressing table until I buy a new one! The only problem with the bottle is it's not exactly travel or handbag friendly due to the massive flower lid and the big bottle BUT it is so incredibly long lasting that I don't need to reach for it during the day anyway. It's definitely my signature scent because when friends and family say someone smells like me this is the scent they are usually referring to!


 My final favourite this month has got to be the Crabtree & Evelyn hand cream that I received in my goody bag from the Crabtree & Evelyn event. It is the most incredibly moisturising hand cream that I have ever come across and as I was told at the event this is due to the hand cream containing Macadamia Oil. The best thing about them is that they're not at all greasy so they're ideal for using in the middle of the day where you don't have time to faff around waiting on your hands to dry. If you suffer with dry skin on your hands it would be incredible for a quick fix. I'm not entirely sure what pomegranates smell like and if this smells like them but it has a unique smell that I actually quite like - although I'm sure I could pick out a scent from the range that more suits my personal preference! You can get little hand bag sized ones from Crabtree & Evelyn for £5 or buy a full sized 100ml one for £15.

What were your favourite beauty products this May?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x