Wednesday 30 July 2014

Priti NYC nail polish || Review


Hello lovelies,

 So a while back I was contacted by the lovely Lucy Rose and asked if I would like to review a product from her website which I shall link below. I was very kindly sent the Priti NYC nail polish* in the colour 'Blush Noisette'. I was super excited to try it because I'm pretty certain Priti NYC is an Australian brand so I don't have access to it in the UK and therefore have never tried anything from their brand before.

 I'm finally getting around to trying out this product because I've had gel nails on for a few weeks and I've had this beauty sitting waiting to be tried! So the first thing I did after taking my gel nails off was apply this and it is a really pretty colour. It's very similar to Essie Fiji but slightly pinkier. It's one of those shades that I like to call a tan enhancer because it's so milky that it makes your skin look lovely and tanned even if it's really quite pale.

 The consistency of this nail polish didn't wow me, it wasn't bad, it just wasn't amazing which I would expect from a slightly higher end nail polish. I still found myself having to do three coats of polish to get it to look opaque but then that is usually the case with lighter polishes

 What really impressed me with this though is the brush size because I am the worst person at painting my nails, I don't have the patience or a steady enough hand to get it right. Therefore I like a brush that isn't massive but isn't bizarrely thin either so that I can try and paint the nail in three strokes and avoid painting half my finger too. This has that brush so I had a rare moment where I actually succeeded in painting only my nails and keeping my fingers polish free.

 It does say online that this nail polish is meant to be chip resistant which I don't know how far I agree with. A nail polish with a base coat and top coat for me usually will last around three days without chipping which this one also did but I would not call that long lasting. Although my nails are in really bad condition from acrylic nails which I think is why nail polishes always seem to chip on me within a few days. If nail polishes normally last a good length of time on you then I'd imagine you'd get the same with this one!

 A massive benefit of this polish is it's non toxic and it's also suitable for vegans. I didn't even know a nail polish could not be suitable for vegans..I wonder why?? You learn something new everyday!!


Overall I do really like this and if you don't mind spending £12 on a nail polish then this would be a good one to try.


Lots of Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x