Saturday 19 July 2014

Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser || Skincare Saturdays


Hellooo lovelies,

 I'm back with another skincare Saturday post and this week I'm reviewing the Body Shop's tea tree foaming cleanser. This is targeted at people with blemish prone and oily skin and usually I'm really dubious of foaming cleansers for oily skin because they usually do more harm than good. However, since it came with a set and I have normal to combination skin I thought it would be worth giving it a go. Foaming cleansers are usually the worst thing for oily skin because they completely strip the skin of oil, good right?! wrong, it's bad because the skin panics and produces even more oil.

 I did find that this product dried my skin out a little which I fully expected with it being a foaming cleanser but to combat this I always moisturised after using it which I do morning and night anyway so it wasn't a problem. After doing this I personally never found my skin to produce excess oil so that seemed to work for me but might not work as well on a really oily skin tone. I think this cleanser would suit normal or normal to combination skin best because I think if you have really dry or oily skin it would dry the skin out too much.

 With skincare it's always hard to tell how well something is fighting spots and blemishes because so many other factors can come into play with your skin but it never broke me out at all and seems to be helping my skin stay clearer. It has organic tea tree oil in it which is well known for it's healing properties when it comes to spots and blemishes.

 This retails for only £5 online at The Body Shop which is really good value for a cleanser that's beneficial to your skin and it's 150ml too so should last a good while. Packaging wise I think the Body Shop have done a nice job, it doesn't look cheap and it suits the tea tree theme. I like that the liquid inside the bottle is green but then the foam comes out white too, it's the small things in life!

Have you tried anything from this range?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x