Sunday 24 August 2014

Mini Beauty Splurge || Haul




 It's been a while since I've done a beauty haul because I've been a very good girl trying to save money but it got to the point where a few of my essential bits ran out and I needed to pop into Boots to pick more up. Obviously being a typical make-up lover I had to pick up a few unnecessary bits that I've been after BUT I still managed to be very good so this is a fairly small beauty haul (for me) but there will be a bigger one coming soon!

 The first thing I desperately needed to pick up was my favourite ever powder which many of you will know is Rimmel London's stay matte powder in the shade transparent. As much as I love this powder there are a few things which annoy me about it. Firstly it smashes up into bits so easily, the amount of times I've dropped it and all the powder has just split and shattered is a joke. It is definitely not a powder for clumsy people! I have about 3 loose powder versions of this for that reason but also the powder packaging splits so easily so I've also gone through a lot that way. I've currently been surviving off one without a lid (because it split) for a good few weeks now and I was sick of all my other makeup getting covered in powder so I was long overdue a fresh, crisp one.


 The second thing I needed a replacement of was my L'oreal superliner which has been featured in quite a few blog posts lately and I have a full review of this on my blog if you want to know more about it. I cannot be without this liquid liner so I had to pick up a new one before my old one runs out. I must have gone through about six tubes of this but it's so amazing that I never want to risk picking up a different one that might not be as good.

 
 Now for my unnecessary purchases that I just couldn't resist. Yes that is another three nail varnishes that I did not need to add to my ever growing/overflowing nail polish basket. They are from Barry M's gelly range and it's three of their new Summer 2014 colours which I have had my eye on for ages. I picked up the shade 'Coconut' which is an off-white creamy beige shade, 'Damson' which is a bright blue colour and finally the shade 'Elderberry' which is a grey, blue shade. I still really want to pick up Pink Punch and Kiwi and maybe sneak a few others in because I love the Gelly range so much. I may do a post on Barry M's new Summer shades comparing them to their other gelly polishes because some of them look like they may be very similar.



What beauty bits have you been purchasing lately?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x