Monday 22 September 2014

Russian Red || MAC Mondays



One of MAC's most popular lipsticks is Russian Red which has a matte finish. Now as I've mentioned before I'm not the biggest fan of matte lipsticks because they're very drying on the lips but one of the amazing perks of a matte lipstick is the staying power of them. This lipstick will happily last a good 6-7 hours at least when it has a lip liner applied underneath. The lip liner I use for all my red lipsticks is Cherry by MAC. I'm not someone who particularly has a problem with dry lips so I haven't really found this to be drying on me at all but I have heard others say it was dry on their lips so if you normally have dry lips then a cremesheen red would be best but otherwise I think this would be fine!


 I'm not actually a red lipstick girl infact I could count on one hand the times I had worn red lipstick that was before I got this one. It's a very blue toned red which I love because it makes your teeth look a lot whiter than they actually are and it is a very classic red shade. I definitely prefer blue toned lipsticks because I think they suit my complexion a lot better for when I'm pale and when I'm tanned. The colour pay off from this is incredible, it's such a pigmented lipstick that goes on opaque in one swipe. The only reason I use a lip liner underneath this lipstick is to prevent it from bleeding and because it gives you that reassurance that when the lipstick eventually wears off you don't look like a weirdo with patchy red lips because the colour is still there from the lip liner.


 Have you tried Russian Red? What's your favourite MAC red?


Lots of Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x