Wednesday 31 December 2014

8 Good Things That Happened To Me In 2014


2014 has been a pretty good year for me, it's been a really busy year with a lot going on but I think I've coped with it well and managed to achieve some pretty good things.

1) I passed my driving test. This is a pretty big thing for me because this was something that made me really anxious and I thought I would never be able to take a driving lesson let alone pass a test. It's a great life skill to have and I'm so glad that I've learnt how to drive and no longer have to worry about it.

2)Getting Luca. He's hard, hard work and looking after a new puppy alongside university, learning to drive, working, running a blog and having a life has been really tough at times. However, he is my little baby and although he literally drives me up the wall he's given me a lot of happiness too.

3) Starting my blog! I did make my blog in late 2013 but I didn't actually set it up, I wrote one post and had no clue what I was doing and gave up. I only properly started it in January 2014 when I set it all up properly and worked hard on it. Now it's such a huge part of my life that I couldn't imagine being without it.

4) Blog events and making new friends. I've made so many new friends this year through my blog and blog events and they're people that I couldn't imagine my life being without now. I've been to some amazing events with brands such as Clinique, Debenhams and Lush and I hope this continues in 2015.

5) Starting my new job. Before I worked in my current part time job at Clarks I used to work at another retail store and that job made me completely miserable. Long story short, I had horrible management and it was long, hard work in a horrible atmosphere and I would dread going to work so I ended up having to give it up to concentrate on uni. I had six months off work but when it came to Summer again I wanted another job so got a job at Clarks, I've got great friends there and I really enjoy working with kids. It's crazy that work can actually be enjoyable after coming from a job I hated. 

6) I became much more confident with make-up. Bold lips, bold eyeshadows or both? not a problem!

7) One important thing I've noticed is that I don't care as much what other people think anymore. As long as I am happy with what I'm doing/wearing/eating then it doesn't matter one iota what anybody else thinks.

8) I've passed all my university exams and coursework with merits (so far) and even got 70% in a presentation of all things.

Obviously 2014 had it's rough moments but I feel like it has been a pretty good year for me, which I would expect given 14 is my favourite number. Here's hoping 2015 is a good one too! I hope you've all had a fabby year and if not that the next one will be better for you! 

Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x